We want to make switching distributors as smooth as possible because let's face it - artists already have enough to do. Check out these steps to ensure your music will be successfully transferred:
To start, you will want to have your Artist Republik account set up by heading to: https://artistrepublik.com/register
Once you've done that, follow these steps to moving your old releases from another distributor to Artist Republik via our Distribution Release Form. Having all of the metadata matched up will prevent you from losing stream counts and playlist placements.
- Log into your Artist Republik account and go to the Distribution Hub
- ALL album/track information needs to be identical when uploading through us like release type (single, EP, album), original release date, song name(s), artist name(s), and artwork, track length(s) and track formatting (.wav file, 16 sample size, 44.1kHz sample rate)
- Send us a request for the original release date via Support to add to the metadata because on the Distribution form, release date defaults to at least 2 weeks from upload date
- Please also send us any existing artist profiles from streaming platforms (like Spotify) so we can distribute the music to the correct profiles
- Use the original ISRC and UPC codes for each release. You can request this from your old distributor.
- Send us a request for custom input of ISRCs and UPCs via Support
- Only request to take down the original release from your old distributor only AFTER the new one is live on the DSPs (Spotify, Apple Music, etc). On DSPs, there will be a duplicate release up for a couple days – that’s ok.
Great! Now Artist Republik is your new and improved family. You can manage your old and new releases through your Distribution page and the Releases Table within the page.
For all new releases (that have not been previously live in stores), you can follow the standard steps for Distribution. Congratulations on having your music distributed worldwide!